Furniture: What We Accept
Chic à BOOM accepts furnishings that are in “like new” condition and less than 10 years of age as well as quality antiques. The items must be of a good quality construction, have minimal wear and tear, and of a style that would be of interest to a large number of customers. We are always especially looking for truly INTERESTING items – in good condition & desirable as well.
If you would like to consign furniture with us, we need to see pictures first. You can send them by email to email@example.com or bring them in on your camera. We require you to come into the store before we consider your furniture. You will quickly see if your items are a fit with our store. We will come to to see furniture in your house after viewing pictures if we think they are items we can sell. If we do not see pictures first, there will be a $20 viewing charge for a visit to see your furniture items.
For décor items, please make an appointment to bring them in.
What we accept:
Hard Goods (Tables, bookcases, bedroom furniture, etc)
- Manufactured within the last 10 years OR antique
- Solid wood construction preferred, although some veneered plywood or particle board items will be accepted on a case-by-case basis. No “knock-down” (self-assembled) items accepted
- Wood finish must be smooth with consistent color. No water stains or noticeable scratches on the primary surfaces
- No broken or missing hardware/pieces. Doors and drawers must operate smoothly
- No TV stands/Entertainment Centers for TVs
- Antiques and reproductions that are and are in good condition or of particular interest
- At the moment we have enough rocking chairs – but we’ll need more in the future!
Upholstered Furniture (Sofas, Chairs, Recliners, etc.)
- Usually 5 years old or newer
- Must be from non-smoking home
- Upholstery must be absolutely clean, no apparent wear, and odor free. No stains. No faded or sun-bleached areas. No pet hair. No tears.
- Finish of wood or metal trim should be smooth and consistent in color.
- No broken or missing parts
- Mechanical movements must operate smoothly (i.e. recliners, hide-a-beds, massage chairs)
Décor (must be in perfect condition)
We need your stuff! We’ve been selling all sorts of small items – antique to contemporary – like crazy! Please make an appointment to bring them – we’d love to see you!
- Figurines, decanters, crystal and other interesting “smalls”
- Crystal Chandeliers (minimum selling price $200)
- Other Quality Items for the Home
What we cannot accept
- Mattresses and bedding
- Lamps without shades (or shades which have yellowed)
- Cribs or toddler beds
- Lamps/Chandeliers without working bulbs
- Collector Plates, dolls
- Anything in need of repair or refinishing