How to Consign the Easy Way
How to Consign
ChicàBoom is a Consignment Furniture, Fashion and Home decor store. Only attractive desirable goods in good repair will be accepted. We accept up to 12 décor or fashion items at a time – so choose your best items. Large items may be viewed in your home -but we require a picture first either by email or in person. You may just drop off quality clothing on hangers (more details on “Fashion – What We Accept” page) or make an appointment to go through items with us. Décor always requires and appointment or send pictures to us first for drop off.
- Commission is 50% of the consignment price (60% if you spend your credit here!). There is an administration fee each item sold which varies according to price.
- We do not offer pickup and delivery, but we’re happy to give you the names of good delivery companies in our area.
- Ladies Fashion items are displayed for 60 days and will be discounted by 20% after 30 days.
- Jewellery is displayed for 90 days is never discounted.
- Décor items are displayed for 90 days and will be discounted by 10% after each 30-day period.
- Furniture will be displayed for 120 days and will be discounted 15% after the first 60 days and then 10% after 30 days.
- Cheques are issued to consignors on the 15th of the month after the item has sold and are available for pickup. If they haven’t been picked up by the end of the month, they are mailed.
- Instead of receiving a cheque for sales of your consigned items you can choose to shop free at Chic à BOOM, enjoying your line of credit, with an additional 10% discount on all purchases.
- Consignors must sign a contract before consigning which outlines these conditions.
- Expired items can be picked up or they become property of ChicàBOOM. Please let us know when to expect you. WE NEED AT LEAST 5 BUSINESS DAYS NOTICE!
Items consigned through the appointment process can be returned to you if they do not sell. Please mark your own calendar to track your consignment start and end dates. We cannot guarantee a reminder. All pick-ups must be done during our business hours. Please let us know when you are coming to pick up any expired items – WE NEED 5 BUSINESS DAYS lead time.
NEW FASHION CONSIGNMENT PROCESS: Ladies fashion items may now be dropped off without an appointment and will be processed as soon as possible. Consignor has 7 days to pick up items that we do not accept. Only items that we price at $80 or more will be returned to you if they do not sell. Items listed at less than$80 that do not sell or items that we do not accept and are not picked up, become the property of ChicàBOOM and will be used to raise funds for charity.
Please take notice! Items that have not been picked up within 1 month of expiry become property of ChicàBOOM and will become part of our charity donation program. We have a huge Parking Lot Sale for Charity every April and September.
You can make your consignment fast and easy if you download and pre-fill out these forms.
Please call us for an appointment at 519-927-9300
Pictures of furniture may be emailed for consideration – email@example.com